View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Selcall
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: Trying to remember "Thrust Normal", "Checks", and something else besides "How are the rides today?"

Originally Posted by Superpilot92 View Post
I must say its nice to see some DAL boys being positive about whats going to happen. We have been trying to tell you guys for a while now that having the paid for DC9s is actually a good thing . Both NWA and DAL know they are very flexible aircraft and are reliable. I cant begin to tell you how many times i was called out to go ferry a 9 somewhere to save a bus flight or even a compass flight.

Again its nice to see some optimism now and hopefully you guys are right. (we are hearing the same info over here fwiw)

Cheers
No problem....
What gets me more than anything else is this constant our "Kool Aid is better than your Kool Aid" crap from both sides. I even admit that at least a time or two with the right concentration of alcohol in my body I have slung a nice fat molatov cocktail in the lounge before just to see what happened.

That being said based on both internal (synergies of fleets and foriegn airline codeshare agreements (Air France)) and external factors (economic effects on airlines by the softening economy and further consolodations and reductions): here comes another great piece of speculation for you.

The next 3 to 4 years in the airline industry will be such a wild ride for people in this industry that it will make the past 30 years of deregulation look and feel like a kiddie ride at the state fair. I would much rather be at Delta on whatever type of list is developed than a lot of other places watching the horror movie play out in front of me.