View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 10:38 PM
kalyx522
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Student Pilot

Originally Posted by captain152 View Post
Believe me, I know the pay sucks ... I've thought that since day one ... but it's also a job and a paycheck ... so I have a hard time complaining when I know there are so many pilots out there out of a job right now
I could be wrong, but I think skid might've been referring to the "errors" in pay credits, not our actual payscale (although that needs work too). I've actually met guys who don't care if their pay credit is correct, they never even check it. But I do care and I've fought with the company plenty about getting the correct credit. The whole bit is unnecessary and annoying and stressful, seriously starts to wear you down after the first 10 times.
Another problem before Honan came out with that pay credit memo was that there was such a lack of rules regarding pay credit and you could get nothing or something depending on if you talked to Chris v. Ginger (for example). Us as employees should know, at any given moment, exactly what we're getting paid. This was definitely not the case this past year and I think a lot of pilots were frustrated and fed up with that.
although, it's gotten a little better the past few months (I think...)