Thread: Alaska 135
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Alti2d
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2005

Originally Posted by SkyHigh View Post
Nothing has changed since I was there. Companies didn't want to kill customers then either. You still have the same conditions, bad WX, small planes, few WX reporting stations and a demand from pax to get where they are going. If you tell your boss that you can't go because the weather is less than 1000 and 5 while he watches a competitor taxi out with your pax it still will not put a smile on his face. Perhaps you work for Penair, ERA, Frontier or for a sight seeing company where they can afford a little safety? All the places I worked still crash planes and face challenging decisions everyday. I know that it has been a long time since AS hired anyone from the bush and it will be even longer to never now. These days you have to be a CRJ or military superstar to get noticed. A kingair out of Barrow will not cut it anymore. Unless of course you are well connected.

SKyHigh
Less than 1000 and five is still legal (in uncontrolled). So the guy isn't doing his job then and should not fly. And I've know a couple of DHC6 drivers going to AS. I'm not trying to get into a ****ing contest, just pointing out a few anomalies in your comments