Thread: MAXjet Hiring
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 07:08 AM
Skyone
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: B777 Left
Angry

Thank you for the lesson on intitial certification and ETOPS certification. I am sure we can all benefit from incidents that happened 20 years ago on an aircraft that was not as near as capable as the 767. Lessons learned. Please remind me, didn't the L1011 have more than two engines, so not related to ETOPS. Old news.

My whole point has nothing to do with experience, qualifications of those doing the firings or what. My point and questions are: Was there bent metal, hurt people (guests, pax, customers or whatever HR calls them this week), stealing, lying, blatent disregard for procedures and SOP or just a genuine concern from those who had been there done that had seen the mistakes of over 20 years ago and were concerned about your operation? Had these pilots been counciled about singing from only the Tims' hymnbook? Perhaps by removing their LCA credentials was in order, not a "massacre".

The sad fact and the UNSAFE and DANGEROUS fact for your airline now is a precedent has been set, at least the perception of one. If you see genuine failings in the operation, unsafe practices, or a way that something could be done better, you better keep it to yourself or you're gone too. When you fire gentlemen of the caliber of these men, I would say you have set yourself up for some comments.

Did they steal, hurt folks, bend metal, completely disregard SOPs? I honestly do not know, but if not, I will stand by my original post-in 32 years of flying, I have never seen a sicker situation in a flight operations department. What goes around, comes around.

Again,thank you for the history lesson and the lesson on certification. Many of us have seen a certification process, but thank you again. I am sure the Tims, in their mind saw a valid reason for this action but, you know what, just forget it.

Good luck to you Maxi, you and your brethren are going to need it with those two running your flight ops show.
S1