Thread: Colgan Hiring
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 12:27 PM
WEACLRS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO

Originally Posted by JUG47
...Now thats history, was just courious as to how Chuck picks and chooses. Thanks for the reply...
Congrats on the job! I wish I had the magic answer so that everyone could understand why or why not they are or are not being selected. Total times aren't everything. In fact, once in the interview, we never rank candidates by their time. We decide based on how they come across (attitude), do they show good knowledge, do we think they will be good people to work with (do we want to spend 12 hours a day in a hot cramped flight deck with them?), can we see them as captains (can they lead? are they honest?), and do we think they will make it through training (are they current and knowledgeable?).

From an app standpoint the apps that have a tendency to be passed over are ones from pilots who aren't currently flying. They may be working elsewhere, have few hours or very little multi in the past six to twelve months, are not active aviators, or appear to be bouncing from pilot job to pilot job without advancement. More than that, I couldn't tell you.