View Single Post
Old 11-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

The FedEx Reciprocal Cockpit Offline Jumpseat (OJS) Guidelines specifically states that: Only FAA certificated pilots and flight engineers will be eligible to utilize FedEx Express jumpseats. These crewmembers must be in an active status, i.e., not retired, furloughed, on a leave of absence, or in a sick or disability status.

So if one assumes that a military leave of absence is in fact, a "leave of absence", than according to FedEx, that person has no right to jumpseat, either on or off-line. However, FredEx has said that:"When I sent my orders to our ACP's admin assistants, they told me they would remove me from CASS and that I could only jumpseat on FedEx airplanes." With the (first paragraph) above in mind, that makes no sense at all. For one, in order to jumpseat on FedEx, I was under the impression that the person had to be in CASS to begin with. That goes for both FedEx guys as well as off-line guys. If the company takes someone out of the CASS system, they shouldn't even be able to jumpseat on-line, and I know that when I went on disability, they took me out of the CASS system completely.

It would be good to get a valid reading on this issue, but, from where I don't know. Perhaps from TSA or the FAA.

JJ