View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Pilot_135
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: XL/XLS, FO

Shack, I never meant that you or anyone before us had things to complain about. I think we all would agree that no matter how good or bad we have/had it, there will always be something to complain about just diferent stuff - hell it's aircrew perogative. Most people have gotten used to the the deployments to some extent - we are just tired of it. I think the bigger complaint is the office related stuff. Part of the Force Shaping issue is that all those jobs they are cutting back on are having to be done by someone else - the rest of us.
I do have a question though. Why do you think it's a requirement for all of us to stay in to 20+ years? Do you think I should get a dishonerable discharge if/when I don't retire? The basic commitment to the AF is 4 years. Why is it shameful to put in those 4, or 8, or whatever a person's training commitment is, and say thank you very much, it's time to move on with my life? What about the enlisted force? Are they as shameful to you for the same thing?
Would you agree that the services have a natural attrition process? Isn't that what they have promotion boards for? Hell, isn't that what the whole Force Shaping process if for? They are saying to us, "we don't want/need you anymore - please leave". Why should I NOT take the opportunity to get some compensation if they are going to get rid of me anyway? I think you have the impression we are all here for the money and nothing else. That's pretty insulting.