View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 08:42 AM
flycrj200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by DENpilot View Post
Oh, seriously, get off your high horse...

My working at Mesa is more than getting just a "job". It's a beginning to a career. If you'd told me when you were just starting out in the industry that you wouldn't have taken a job at Mesa when it's the only option open to you, you'd be a liar. I get paid what I expect for just entering this industry.

I entered this industry knowing full well it would involve furloughs, liquidation of airlines, etc. It's part of the industry, it's very cutthroat. If you can't stomach that, then maybe this is not the right career path for you. I knew how upset I was when Delta canceled their CRJ contract and caused my furlough. Especially when they were making up reasons for it. (Anyone with two brain cells and is Mesa grudge-free can see the real reasons for the cancelation.) However, as under-handed as it is, I would never wish the job losses of the thousands who work there. Thousands at Mesa make a living there, and Mesa's demise would be devastating for those individuals. For someone to wish that upon another makes me sick. Especially over something like this.

Aloha was an outdated business model. The fares were expensive and I know when I went to HI years ago, we were not able to afford the fare. It's not like YV went in, lowered the fares, put Aloha out of business, then raised the fares to prior levels. That would have been wrong....
The demise of Mesa means jobs for pilots that know what they are worth. You guys at Mesa will work for food if you have to. I'm all for the demise of Mesa if it means that thousands of other pilots will get paid what they are worth. We spend $10,000's to get the training and the education and tons of hours training to get a job at an airline. I do not expect to work for nothing like you guys do.