View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 AM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

want guys who have flown the aircraft within the last 6 months, type-rated, with preferably 3 landings in the last 6 months. (Not an absolute, but most of the ads say this
There's truth to the above, but a lot of guys will never come over here. Once here, about half quit within the first couple of months. When they say they can't find a job, they mean a job in a western country. No slight intended; it's not for everybody. The attrition rate is lower now - fewer choices back home. However, no airline in India is hiring for A320's or B737's AFAIK. Most are laying off expats in one way or another. I'm not sure exactly what the headhunters and agencies are advertising - demand here is 'way down. Air India is reportedly still taking in folks for certain types, but their contract isn't very good. There was a big demand for ATR guys, but I'm not sure what's going on there now.

BTW, I was hired with no experience in the 737NG, and my last flight in a jet was an A319 eleven months earlier. I did have 9000 hours in other 737 types, but this was in early 2007. Times change!

Speaking of that, we had one or two fellows leave for home immediately Thursday morning for reasons that should be obvious. Like I say, it's not for everybody.

Agencies are still advertising for China, but I don't know that situation.

Last edited by rotorhead1026; 12-01-2008 at 03:47 AM. Reason: word choice