View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 01:19 PM
benairguitar23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start.....

Originally Posted by johnso29 View Post
FYI...I flight instructed for 3 years myself. I also didn't start flight instructing until AFTER 9/11, so it wasn't me at the regionals in the 90's who lowered the bar. And it's not about the wages to me, it's about the larger airplanes. I wish they were at mainline so there were more jobs for regional guys to move up to.

I realize guys have to start somewhere, I just don't want it to be in 70+ seat airplanes. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed. Sometimes I still can't let go of that. As I said in another thread, I lay down my sword in defeat. I will remember these discussions the next time the scope comes to the table.

Kudos to you for flight instructing so long. I remember how sick I got of doing Turns, around a point, Steep Turns, and S Turns across a road.

Happy Holidays to you and your Family, and Good Luck in your future job hunt.
Well Johnso29, I must apologize for my harshness in my previous post. I do understand the toll that the whole industry has taken on all of us pilots, we just need to remember that we are all in the same boat and need to think before we all say things, but specifically me and I do apologize for me singling you out. I just sit here reading all these negative posts about the regional problems and then all the negative posts pointed toward us lower time pilots and I finally snapped. Again I sincerely apologize and hope for the very best with you and your job that they don't drop the "F-bomb" on you and your fellow pilots! May you and your family have the BEST of holidays and we'll see you in the skies! Take Care.