View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 06:57 AM
YXnot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008

"Save the cookie" was part of the company's efforts to attempt to block the proxy battle that Airtran was winning.

Midwests MEC stance on Airtrans takeover attempt shifted from neutral to pro company when it became more clear that Hoeksema was losing control of the board. They figured it would be better to have supported management during this time, as oppposed to later, when the deals details were crafted.

As far as my plea for help from ALPA, in ALPA I am referring to you. Each of you. That is where our strength is! We have been given excellent support from National, but the kind of help we need will only come from a groundswell of rank and file members like yourself. I thank all of our brothers and sisters who have participated in our rally's and picket's.(DALPA, ASTAR etc. ..etc..)

We weren't sure how it would play out when TPG/NWA outbid Airtran, but then we didn't have a choice. The list of promises made then is long.(see savethecookie.com) Now it is becoming apparent, the systematic dismantling of an airline(people) continues, and the CEO is forced to preside
over the carnage he created while he fingers the gold he lined his pockets with. Maybe we are an/the accumulator.