View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 AM
7576FO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: 737 CA MIA

Originally Posted by X Rated View Post
I'm sure you'll find enough Eagle pilots who would like you to reconsider that statement. As I understand it, the four Eagle carriers' pilots wanted to become one for representational purposes to prevent the rampant whipsawing that AMR management had been utilizing. The company didn't want a single carrier ruling but gave in if they'd "just agree to this little 16 year contract."

Then there wouldn't be Supplement CC. Sorry, had to poke there. Until you provide TWA pilots access to at least the domiciles they worked at prior to the merger it's hard to keep from reverting to an "us vs. them" mentality.

I believe the '93-'98 furloughees at AA were made whole via the APA transition agreement during the TWA purchase--NOT due to a section 6 CBA negotiation.

Again, being former TWA I don't hold my breath.

X

Please research history before you write things that happened way before you were here. The 93 furloughees were planned to be made whole before the Reno Air Sick-out. It was achieved as part of the Reno Air deal, Feb 1999.
Long before TWA.
The 16 year Eagle contract happened a Decade after the integration of the regional carriers.
Without supp CC there would be zero TWA captains. Well I guess they could have worked some thing out.
I have said many times it sucks that they closed TWA bases and threw everybody into STL.
But Supp CC allows CA's to continue being CA's. Yes, it messes with your own relative seniority when everyone is in one base.
Please do not forget 1998 Reno Air pilots are all stapled to the bottom of the AA seniority list. All CA's are removed from their seats by 1999. All Reno Air bases were closed by Spring 2000. No Reno Air ex-CA will be a CA at AA until 2012 or much later.
All of the Reno Air pilots are junior to nearly all of the ex TWA CA's.

I'm sure and I've heard great things about TWA. I went on a TWAGetaway vacation and loved the great deal it offered. Yes, there are some great things from TWA we could integrate into AA.

I still contend that your, and others beef is with Carl Icahn, ALPA, then AA and APA. Please direct your frustration in that order.

Happy Holidays, i'm going on a 4 day trip.