View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:04 PM
FliFast
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: I was acquired, Not Hired

Originally Posted by Wheels up View Post
Those aren't RJs. They're narrow body airliners. The manufacturers and airline execs will next be trying to paint "RJ" on the side of 777s. It's a lame attempt to manage expectations.

It was my understanding that part of the arbitration was only to decide the company's ludicrous contention that furloughed pilots count as "employed" pilots as specified in the scope language. The ultimate disposition of AE and the commuter clause is something to be "discussed" between AA and the APA. The company could keep stalling this by contending on the meaning of "is" for a long time. Hopefully that will change when the new administration comes in and cleans up the apparent bias in the FMB.

I'd like the company to have back the billion dollars that is squandered on the TWA asset acquisition, but that ain't gonna happen either. I think we're going to have to live with Supp CC, warts and all. I believe that exTWA can bid where ever they like, but they won't enjoy super-seniority like at the protected St. Louis base.
There were alternative methods to integrate the two groups rather than the pummeling involved with Supp CC. The APA was the author of Supp CC warts and all. The microscopic detriment of Supp CC to NAAtives, is far outweighed by the fact that many NAAtive furloughes were mitigated by the integration. Most major airlines furloughed almost 6-8 years worth of pilots. AA only furloughed NAAtives hired in 2000/2001.

Our beloved AMR realized a windfall of over $400 million for the sale of TWA's share of Worldspan. With this in mind, Con Carty bought TWA for half price and divided the pilots groups. You guys should rename F/U to..."The Con Carty School of Friendship".

I'm sick of NAAtives saying they were screwed by Supp CC. It's hard to listen to your whining when you took our seats, jobs, and careers in a methodical manor.