Old 12-11-2008, 07:19 AM
TheDashRocks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: DHC-8 CA Furloughed

[quote=winglet;516238]A Call to all Professional Airline Pilots

The MESA pilots just voted in a 21 month contract. In September, 2010, there will be 12 ALPA airlines simultaneously involved in section six negotiations. Those of us involved have never had such a good “pattern bargaining” situation. We can join together and bring the airline pilot profession back from the dead only if we support each other in our struggles instead of encouraging division. I can guarantee everyone that it is the MESA pilot group’s goal to obtain the industry leading contract.

Awesome post! We have to look beyond our parochial petty differences and focus on how to all move forward together.

[quote=macflyer;516265]I find it difficult to understand how you can be proud of getting a contract that in some way resembles the next worst contract in the industry NOW. You guys just went to bad from worst and thats not because your heros and tough negotiators.

Speaking for myself, I am proud to be part of a pilot group that stood firm and ended an alter-ego non-union operation and halted management's plans to cherry pick mainline aircraft flying during the USAirways reorganization.

They had to swallow some bitter pills to do it, but the profession is better off. If more pilot groups had done so, we would all be better off today. This new contract is one of the few non-concessionary agreements of the decade.

Originally Posted by BURflyer View Post
You can write a book if you want. The fact is that Mesa pilots passed this TA. No one cares about the trimmings, they care about the main course dinner. Up until today most gave the benefit of doubt to the mesa pilots of being abused and that it isn't their fault they had to work under the 03/08 contract, it was job preservation. This TA however confirms what most already have known about Mesa pilots and will now be justified. I'm sorry you're going to have to be a part of it, you sound like one of the good guys.
It is easy to ignore the facts that Winglet has laid out and heckle from the cheap seats on an anonyous forum. Does denigrating an entire pilot group make you feel better about your own dismal situation?

The Dash Whisperer