View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:27 AM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

This discussion can go round and round for years without proving any significant points. We will be forever debating the pros and cons of the deal. However, L&G, the fact remains that what's done is done and we seriously have to move on in committing to a new contract that benefits EVERY AA pilot, regardless of background.

Management absolutely drools over our infighting. We should know better. I constantly fall victim to it despite knowing better.

Let's not constantly hijack any thread that has to do with AA. Looking at the title of this thread, it deals with management's presentation of current contract negotiations. We can all thank FliFast - AS USUAL - for turning this into the usual AA-TWA trash talk. All you had to do, FF, was inquire as to the possibilities of making furloughees whole, and it would have evoked a professional and courteous response from your fellow AA coworkers on the progress so far. Instead, you open with, and I quote, "I missed you mention that they furloughed 1900 TWA pilots too after the 2003' contract. Most of which are still on the street 5-7 years later." And then you wonder why we respond somewhat defensively.

Nobody can dispute the fact that many of our coworkers got royally screwed out of this deal, the majority being TWA folks that enjoyed good seniority at their carrier. Nobody can also dispute the fact that many of our AA coworkers also got furloughed out of this deal, while folks who remained employed fell victim to further stagnation due to said deal. Obviously, all points are relative depending on one's misfortune - a furloughee will never relate to the complaints of someone who remained employed.

But one thing we all possess is some level of diplomacy. I ask you all to use it before posting, myself included. Remember folks - management is always watching, undoubtedly on these message boards as well. Why not show them we can stick together as a group in trying to secure an industry-leading contract instead of all the infighting.

Rant off, gotta go board my commuting flight.