Old 12-11-2008, 03:37 PM
TurboFan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: A320 FO

Winglet, amazing post. I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. I'm seriously impressed.

Any regional pilot that says a Mesa pilot should resign for the sake of the industry needs to look in the mirror. Guess who's really driving down wages and QOL for airline pilots? The entire regional airline industry. Before the regionals came around life was way better. Regional airlines fly mainline routes for a fraction of the cost and for a fraction of the pay and QOL of a mainline pilot. It's the pot calling the kettle black in my opinion. Wake up people. You should be happy that there are people like Winglet and myself fighting to make Mesa a better place, why would you want someone who is actively trying to change the company for the better to resign? So a newer, less industry educated pilot can come in and vote on the TA? Think about what you people are saying! And trust me when I say this, even if Mesa went *poof* and disappeared off the face of the planet tomorrow, another airline would be all to eager to come along and fill Mesa's shoes. Probably with a lower pay and QOL. This contract is not worse than our last as many have insinuated. It is better, just not as good as I would have liked. I can assure you if I still work for Mesa in 2010, I will fight even harder for the new contract.

Keep up the good work Winglet.