View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
MD11driver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: MD-11 F/O

Originally Posted by captain_drew
Someone should point out to the nice lady that going right to a window seat is NOT the pilot panacea it might appear to be.

Due to seniority, hubby goes RIGHT to the bottom of the list in that seat and is junior to lots of other people in more junior seats . .who will . . over time bid over to hubby's seat . .thereby holding him down for a LONG time. Can you spell s-t-a-g-n-a-t-i-o-n? Being junior on any list gives you QOL alright, and it is lousey. The only thing worse is being there forever

If you are interested in QOL. . this is not a good way to go. It would be better to see all the new guys pasted to the bottom of your 727 SO list . . thereby pushing you up so you can hold a decent schedule.
Very true. But if you choose to paste yourself to the bottom as payment for not sitting sideways, living in domicile would be the way to go. Then again, if FedEx continues to grow like we are now, he won't be sitting on the bottom for very long anyway!

Originally Posted by dojetdriver
25 hours on EWR!, that's reason enough not to bid it.

Out of curiousity, where do put you in EWR for that long of a stay. I hope it isn't that Double Tree.

Haha, yep...

I've stayed at the Brunswick Hilton, Prime Suites Secaucus, Sheraton Woodbridge, and the Sheraton Suites on the Hudson. Some have stayed in Manhattan for the longer layovers (48 hours+), but I never have. Average to better-than-average hotels in not-so-horrible areas.