View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: 765-A

Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
NewK,

Basically, if you are on reserve, there is no seniority. If your RAW score is the lowest within days of availability, then you will more than likely get the trip.

A whiteslip is used by a regular line pilot to pick up time at straight pay. If you are short for the month, this is the best way to pick up a trip from open time.

A yellowslip is used by a reserve pilot to indicate that he/she wants to fly. Essentially it lowers your RAW score by 15 points. If your RAW score is more than 15 points above the next guy in your days of availability, he will still more than likely get the trip. (This is what I meant by "no seniorty")

A greenslip is used by both regular and reserve to indicate you are willing to do overtime flying for double pay.

I'm tired of typing and it's way past my bedtime!! But first I need to sit on my deck and have cigar and glass of scotch..........even though it is 35 degrees out!!!

Denny
Thanks Denny,

You are making me want go pour a bit of conac and do the same thing. Are you serious about the raw score thing? Once again, wow. So, tell me, if a reserve pilot can get his raw score up above 30 do you think he can get into a good med school?

Our system was easier, which is that we were pretty much at the mercy of the scheduler. Not really, but close.