View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 AM
X Rated
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD80

Originally Posted by aa73 View Post
X, weŽll just have to agree to disagree on a lot of issues. I respect your opinion. Right now, the primary focus of the APA - with or without TWA support - is to get an industry leading contract that benefits everyone, regardless of background. I think they will succeed.

As far as your comment regarding pilot dissension with further TWA recalls, its surprising to note the number of TWA recallees who have joined the good fight at APA. IŽve met a few of them, and they are definitely on board in restoring this profession.

Regards,
Thank you. I have a differing opinion with the APA's outcome--I think it will be good but I believe that it won't be anything near what you see advertised now. I support the goal but "will believe it when I see it."

The TWA recallees who have returned are fortunate enough to have some nAAtives junior to them in STL. When there are more recalls and you run into the situation of a nAAtive sitting in a STL seat (to which they never should have expected) the attitude of the TWA pilots will most likely change.

When STL posts a "no vacancy" and has more former TWA clamoring to get in to utilize their Supp CC rights (and enjoy a drive to work instead of an airborne commute) you can expect more of that same attitude. Factor in those who were coastal based in the TWA days and their future on long term reserve and I think the attitude tanks.

Watch, wait, and see.

X

p.s. Why won't the APA support any of the TWA pilots' Supp CC grievances? They haven't supported any to date--even the one that would have brought back a few hundred nAAtives in the process...