View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM
NoWake200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: At the Blue Line

Originally Posted by B757200ER View Post
There was no flow-thru between TWA and TSA. There was a preferential hiring program, though.

If TWA had survived, many of us had 5-10-15 yrs seniority, and would not have been furloughed. All TWA F/Os were axed after TWA/AA cram-down, plus 200 CAs.

We owe ALPA and APA? That's like saying we owe Al-Qaeda for enhanced security procedures. ALPA/APA cooperation is what ensured the majority of TWA pilots got stapled and furloughed/fired, my friend. Nuetral, binding 3rd-party arbitration would have been more fair and acceptable, but both APA and AA management rejected that---it would have kept more TWA pilots on the property.

BTW---I was not eligible for flow-back, nor would I have done it.
I agree with you B757200ER! ( I was eligible for flow-back, but I elected not to)

If TWA had survived, myself and several others going to 1988 hires would have kept their jobs. Sure we would have gone backwards but never the less..... kept our jobs. And if TWA went down, then it would have and we all could have kept our heads held high!

Back in the day I had a very heated exchange of words down in MCI operations with a nAAtive captain.

He said, "if you do not like it leave!"

I said, "and go where?! No one is hiring!"

Then in all his wisdom he said, "exactly!"

It was then when I replied, "I would have much rather gone down with the ship and kept my dignity than endure the AAss raping you guys gave us!"

The room went silent and the look on his face was priceless. He had no response! Because he knew I was right.

For some reason American Pilots found themselves on third base and thought they all had hit a triple. Maybe they should be thanking the management of AMR for putting them on third base rather than hating them so much. Hell, AMR management is doing their jobs..... providing a pay check in these difficult times, providing health care to all their workers, lets not for get the only airline to have the pilot's pension all in tack, and lastly the only U.S. Major Airline to have never filed. Things that make you go.......

Since they are advising us to thank ALPA and APA during this season of "giving thanks", maybe the APA pilot group should give thanks to the managerial leadership of AA as well for all they have done.

Happy Holidays