View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM
larry231
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by S2000 View Post
Hello,
Vietnam Airlines will pay me 100% for my school in USA, but i have to sign contract & work with them for 5 years and my monthly income is STARTING OUT at $1,500 USD per month. I start working with them immediately after i finished my school (CPL, IR, MCC, ATPL...), its gonna take around 24 months at fly school in USA + fly school in Vietnam. Total they have to pay $120,000 USD, do yah think thats good for $1,500/month (start out) for 5 years contract ? What if i signed the contract but i don't work for them ? i go look for a different airline in USA is that ok ? or do they gonna take me to court & make me pay back $120,000 USD ?

Thanks alot every1.

That sounds like a good deal to me. If I were you I'd go for it, you're very lucky getting offered free flight training. I don't know much about the cost of living in Vietnam, but I did work in China and the Philippines for 2000 usd/month in china and 1400 usd/month in the Philippines and that was way more than enough (lodging was paid by the company though), so I guess it's still a good deal. It's always hard getting your 1st job with the airlines so if you got something lined up with Vietnam Airlines and they pay your training i'd say... go for it !!! Let me know if you're looking for a flight school in the US. I'm working for one (where I got my training 7 years ago) and it's just a great place to train.

Good on you mate.

Laurent