View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Carl Spackler
Back on TDY

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: 747-400 Captain

Originally Posted by Pineapple Guy View Post
He may be a great guy, but can you explain what beneficial outcome could possibly come from the mass mailing? It seems to be nothing more than airing dirty laundry, and totally counterproductive, assuming the goal is to work together in the future.
I think I can explain it. Ken is an extremely straight forward guy. You never have to worry about a back stab with him, because he does battle face to face. He has said that the only thing worse than living with a sub-standard contract is not defending that sub-standard contract which makes it even worse.

He honestly believes DALPA should spend more time helping to educate us on the fine points of the contract and the historical precedents at Delta. DALPA obviously does not see it that way. Ken has his opinion and he is calling NWA "management" and DALPA out on it. That's what he does when all other avenues fail. Sometimes there are no beneficial outcomes to clearly stating the facts as you see them to the entire membership. I respect that.

Originally Posted by Pineapple Guy View Post
We will have one MEC very soon, under one MEC Chairman. Let's keep the we vs them to a minimum.

PG
To the extent that we can keep it to a minimum, that is a good thing. But we have a joint contract now. Having nearly all of the improvements happen at bid period 5 for NWA pilots only is insulting - given we have a joint contract. It's even more insulting to have no clarity whatsoever as to when bid period 5 will be. Anderson has a very short memory if he thinks NWA pilots will stand for this much longer.

Carl