View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:22 AM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Maybe I do need to step back. OK, done. Yes, I do get a little upset when I try and answer questions regarding our airline and our contract, only to have some of your guys come in, change the subject, and rehash old wounds. It does no good for anyone. So that is the reason for my outbreak.

It's just irritating to read someone's post telling me to be civilized, and in the very next post another one comes in and provokes with certain comments aimed squarely at us and the actions of our union. Of course you are going to get flak with that! Nobody at AA is proud of the result of our deal - nobody - especially the hostility. But if your guys keep coming on here and keep bringing up sore subjects in a confrontational manner, you can expect similar reactions from our guys.

If you've been following my posts ever since I joined APC, you'll find that I generally stick to informational subjects on our contract, furloughs, management, and air safety stuff (I'm a huge follower of NTSB reports.) I';ve always had a reputation of being fair and objective in my posts, seeing both sides of any story. But I admit that I occasionally fall prey to emotional subjects, just like anyone else here.

My point is that we should not engage in provocative behavior when dealing with sensitive subjects - otherwise, it's always going to come from both sides.

Happy holidays.