View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 08:51 AM
CRJPlt
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 320B

Originally Posted by bored View Post
The contract only stipulates that there will be no training on Christmas and New years day. That doesn't mean you couldn't be in the middle of training during that time. That also doesn't mean you couldn't be in Montreal or Denver over this period as well. So... it very much matters if you're in the middle of class during the holidays. Another caveat is that if you've got vacation over the holidays... once you go to class for a new position, your awarded vacation blocks in your old position get dumped back into your vacation bank for you to rebid. So... if I was a "senior" FO and had a vacation slot with Christmas off, I wouldn't want to go to training either until after the holidays.

Im in training right now, started on the Dec. 15 class. We have the next 5 days off. We were suppose to start back up on the 26th but worked it out to not have class that day and make it up on Sunday the 28th instead. Kinda a good deal for us so we could go home and give us a couple days to get back. We haven't started systems yet so it came at a good time. I guess just luck of the draw....