Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 737

Originally Posted by On Autopilot View Post
Look at this.....
« on: Today at 03:37:42 PM »
MESABA AIRLINES
December 29, 2008
Fellow colleagues:
Early last month, Mesaba announced continued growth for our regional jet fleet with the addition of 15 CRJ-900 aircraft beginning in January 2009. This allotment resulted from our excellent operational performance, outstanding safety record, and demonstrated ability to facilitate rapid expansion while maintaining our low cost structure.
Recently, we were informed that Delta Connection will re-allocate 10 of these aircraft to Atlantic Southeast Airlines (ASA), as a part of their global strategy. Through this business agreement, ASA will remove 20 of their less efficient CRJ-200 aircraft from the Delta Connection fleet.
I want to be clear that this decision is not reflective of Mesaba, but rather an opportunity for Delta Connection to “right-size” its fleet for future market growth. Our strategy remains the same – provide safe, reliable service to our passengers, and manage our costs. This strategy has led to rapid growth for our airline in 2007 and 2008, and growth that will continue in 2009.
Mesaba will take delivery of five Delta CRJ-900s, (as originally planned) three on February 12 and two on February 19. Also beginning on February 19, we will operate all five aircraft from Salt Lake City, serving eight markets from Delta’s western hub. This acquisition allows us to become the largest operator of 76-seat aircraft in the Delta family, evidence that our core business structure remains strong.
While the reduced aircraft allotment may appear disappointing, the reality is that our airline continues to grow. We have continued to expand aggressively – adding 52 aircraft in the past 19 months – as other carriers are cutting back. While we have currently suspended hiring additional flight crews, we do not anticipate any furloughs to occur because of this decision, at this time.
This remains an exciting time for our airline as we stretch our service westward and continue to expand our fleet. I thank you, once again, for your dedication and service to Mesaba Airlines
Regards
John Spanjers
President
Mesaba Airlines
IOOO BLUE GENTIAN ROAD, SUITE 2OO, EAGAN, MN 55I2I

This comes from the Mesaba Pilots website. More Delta games. Looks like anyone can be a COMAIR.
They are not going to get Mesaba too big.....much was learned from the Comair strike....they will make sure all the regionals are about the same size......Mesaba really is not much bigger than when all the AVROS were there....it is just regional airline games....played by the driver of the ship.