Thread: air taxis
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM
CWU1919
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

UND you are not helping your point. Exactly what I said, VLJ's are going to be slow and they are going to clog the sky...so what you say their operating costs are low that doesn't mean the air taxi operators if they ever get off the ground that is like DayJet will make the price low...I did do my research I talked to corporate pilots and people in the industry about it, and I read a lot of articles and opinions on the matter from a number of sources...and dude quit throwing all these numbers at me I don't care they are all estimates you sound like a salesman from eclipse a really bad one your reference was from the eclipse site itself for one of your links trying to persuade me about how great VLJ's will impact and benefit the market... and wow I don't think Eclipse is very biased in their opinion towards the vlj's are they?..
There are plenty of used biz jets e.g. lears, falcons, citations, etc. that go for under 2 mil right around the cost of an Eclipse and with the exception of some of the slowtations most of those jets destroy the Eclipse in terms of performance, business travelers want something comfortable that can get them to their destination refreshed that's the whole point of it, if they didn't they would buy a seat on the airlines...and last, o wow aviation international news is now optimistic about the Eclipse I guess we should all follow suit you got me there...dude I am smarter than that and it's sad that you can't see the big picture and you're blinded by all the hype of the VLJ program wait and see man wait and see...and skyhigh a little more than first class seats that's still a lot more than most people are willing to pay...

Last edited by CWU1919; 08-14-2006 at 07:53 PM. Reason: More input