View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
ACL65 - good point, but I'm wanting voluntary leave anyway. I'd rather come back ten years from now at the status quo point for last October.

But this brings up several other questions, like how long term are these displacements? On one hand I hear hope that they might be cancelled, on the other hand I hear it is a set up for furloughs (while other airlines are recalling).
I can tell you that the LCA meeting next month will have some very big intel in it. These meeting are designed to have the LCA and AQFO's then spread this info the line guys.
With where our most junior FO's are, a displacement like this is not to set up for furlough IMHO. They could do that today if they wanted to. It is not to say that after this AE comes out that a furlough will not happen. This recession is deepening. It will get a lot worse. IMHO and based on no fact, I feel that if this world economy keeps going this way massive furloughs are not just a possibility, but are certain.

Other variables are the move of the 88 fleet North. The Atlanta 88 is but a short reprieve for the inevitable. With the loads over the North Atlantic doing poorly, the NYC 7ER might not be a short term deal as well.
Yes, the North Atlantic saw over a 3% drop in traffic year over year. A full press release of the Dec numbers is avail. on DeltaNet.
  • What's your best guess on the duration of these displacements? Any chance of reinstatement?No
  • What is the LAX 73N flying like?Start with a lot of all nighter. Great flying, but if you think a NYC commute would suck, try LA.
  • Does it cover just LAX, or other airports? SNA and ONT as well. No flying out of those currently on the 767.

I'm just not a Queens NYC sort of a guy. An apartment full of aspiring model / actress types and 90 degrees is more to my liking.
Aren't we all!

Thank you very much for the intel.
This is best guess!