View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

Originally Posted by Ferd149 View Post
Actually you'll like Tom (C) alot, great guy who can probably actually build the jet with a swiss army knife and a small sodering iron, been flying it forever. Flown with him several times, always a pleasure. Not your usual management stuffed shirt.

Your right, the PM makes the box changes and the PF varifies. I've been looking at your online manuals some now that we can get into Deltanet. Another I've noted is that the capt always loads the box as part of his flow. The fo does the acars and checks the route etc. There is more I'm sure but I haven't gotten that far.

With that said, what I was told in annual training this year (Aug) that we will mostly adopt and go with most of your's. Better to confuse a smaller number than a bigger one.

Oh, and it may sound confusing but it's what your used to. I don't know no different so it sounds good to me.

Ferd <------10 year 757 guy
Good to hear he's a good guy. I was surprised though since you don't have any 767s. We've had a very professional and ultra big picture, we fly the jet, don't build it, 767 training dept., IMO, so far. I'd hate to see that change.

You guys have the Capt load the box on every leg? Here, as you've noticed, the PF loads the box and the PM checks it. It's a nice set up because basically the guys switch jobs (I didn't say responsibility) on every leg. Most times here the Capt will do the walk around on the FOs leg as well. At least where I work. FOs do all engine starts, run checklists, PAs etc on the ground. Operations Manual Vol.1 NP 10.4-10.9 breaks out crew duties. Guess there'll be plenty of change for all in this. Guess I should be happy I don't have to figure out a new uniform. Any word on leather jackets/no hats?

Last edited by Hawaii50; 01-09-2009 at 10:21 AM.