Thread: FDX: Feb VTO's?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 07:38 PM
nakazawa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Continuing The Dream

Interesting that this question is asked. I don't see any guidance or allowance that would authorize establishing a credit hour cap for a VTO line. The paragraphs are correct that you've included - which says split between low and high lines will be 13 credit hours. The ONLY difference is - the secondary line builder can use R days - the line builders can not. If the low line built is 68 credit hours - the high VTO line should be 81. With regular lines built below the 68 hour minimum, I'm not sure what they'll do.

Once again, the Company has opted NOT to comply with this section of the contract either. In OCT '08, a cap was established lower than the 13 hour split, but the cap wasn't put out in an FCIF. None of the VTO recipients had any idea what to ask for, since their request might be well within the 13 hour split, but above the arbitrary credit hour cap. Since then, an FCIF has been published, only verifying their violation of the CBA, not in compliance with the 13 hour split.

I believe for FEB, if the Company is going to establish an arbitrary VTO credit hour cap not in compliance with the CBA 13 hour split, that FCIF should be published prior to the bids closing. I doubt it'll be 48. High credit Captain line in ANC is 71:09 - so the low built VTO can't be less than 58:09. The low line is 61:02, so the high VTO shouldn't be above 74:02. However, with [their] recent history of contract compliance, what you see is what you get.