Old 01-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Hawaii50
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 757 Left

Originally Posted by NuGuy View Post
Heyas Guys,

Thanks a ton for this info. Let's keep it going, so I will throw some questions out there:

On an AE "award", how long to they have to get you trained, when do you get notified for training, and when does the pay switch?

What is the difference between a "personal drop" and a "authorized personal drop"? From what I can figure, you only get one APD a year, and it lets you drop a trip with fewer reserve requirements. Do you need prior approval from someone to use it?

PBS for reserves? On-line yet?

Any procedures for base swapping? Waiting for the once/twice a year AE to switch from MSP to DTW seems kind of onerous.

Thanks!

Nu
We usually have an AE every 3 months or so. There can be more or less depending on what's going on. They have 1 AE/year they can designate as 365 day conversion like this last one. All others you must be converted in 180 days or less. If they haven't trained you you are still pay protected to your new position after the 180 days (or 365 days). Shortly after the bid results (within a week or so) they'll issue the projected training month for your award then you get the actual dates by the 8th of the month prior to your training month.

One APD/year. No prior approval. You just request it in DBMS.

No PBS for reserves yet. Beta test version testing now (I think).

No procedure for base swapping except to bid via AE. Since you don't need training if you stay on the same equipment you are often converted very quickly (depending on manning). You can bid "out of base" white and green slips to try and pick up time somewhere else but it's not that easy to do unless a category is really short.

Someone smarter than me can fill in the blanks and make corrections where needed.