Thread: Atlas Shrugged
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 04:30 AM
DeadHead
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by atpcliff View Post
Hi!

The GW Bush Administration, and the Republicans, in general, worked very hard to redistribute income from the government to the Rich.

The Obama Administration, and the Democrasts, to at least some extent, are saying they will work to redistribute income from the government to the people.

I have heard many Americans criticize income redistribution to the poor. I have heard very few Americans criticize income redistribution to the rich.

That is what America is all about. In our economic and justice systems, and probably all other systems, the number one goal is to steer more money, power and privileges to the rich, so that they can become richer and more powerful.

cliff
GRB
PS-My parents had every Rand book she ever wrote. And, I am for abolishing the Income Tax, and replacing it the a National VAT or Sales Tax. My third choice would be a Flat Income Tax.
communism definition | Dictionary.com
communism definition | Dictionary.com

To say that Republicans redistribute wealth to the rich and Democrats redistribute wealth to the poor is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. I think many people believe that those are the fundamentals of both parties, but I like to define them like this:
Republicans believe in less government.
Democrats believe in more government.

(By Government, I mean Control)

I know that is somewhat broad, and I am sure that some will disagree with me on that, but that is how it appears to me.
I am not trying to make this a Republican Vs. Democrat discussion because I believe the composition of our government (Democrat AND Republicans) have failed this country.
The problems with our economy strafes on either side of partisan lines.

In a nutshell, MONEY (Not Republicans) looks out for money.
"The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer"
That statement is as true as it has ever been.

The vast, grand inequalities in wealth in this country is due in part of the failure of out government to properly regulate and oversee certain sectors of the economy. Mainly being the financial sector, as well as Wall Street.

In my humble opinion, Wealth Redistribution is the predecessor to Communism. This country should always reward hard work and dedication. That is the founding principles of this country, giving people the tools to climb out of one social class and into another.

As the old proverb goes,
"If you GIVE a hungry man a fish, he will eat and be hungry again, but if your TEACH a man to fish, he will NEVER go hungry again."

Not picking a fight with you, just showing one opinion versus another.