Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
DC8DRIVER
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747

Originally Posted by box-hauler View Post
I saw the piece and it was a fluff piece on the town. It was heart pulling and sad, but was woefully insufficient for a news program. How about a hard hitting question to Management of DHL. How about a hard hitting question of Gov. Strickland, and not letting him get off with a "that was in the past". Lets see, didn't Ohio make deals with DHL, were promises not broken, what is being done about that Mr. Governor. All in all very realistic portrayal of Wilmington but a very bad news story on how DHL screwed Ohio, the town of Wilmington, and the U.S. public. So much for a third competitor, lets hope UPS and Fedex don't raise there shipping rates all at once.

I guess I was asking too much of 60 minutes, I remember when people would run and hide from a reporter at 60 Minutes, I guess those days are gone also.............

My thoughts exactly, BH. All fluff - no meat. Just about 15 seconds about DHL's failures in the decision making department. No tough questions, no real digging for the root cause, not a single speck from the mounds of dirt that soil DHL's greedy paws.

Not only no mention of the ABX pilot group but no mention at all of Astar.