Thread: Conundrum....
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 07:20 AM
donj
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by Ewfflyer View Post
I also agree that now that the market is tight, they can ask for 1000+hrs in type because there's people out there with that experience. Would this divert me from applying for a job, no way. I would think that there's always a chance of getting that job w/o the "required" minimums.

this is a very accurate statement. As the un- or underemployed pilot pool grows larger the Co.'s get more specific, because they can. However, with something like only 180,000, ATP's World wide. I send my resume's to every one, it maybe that the job your soliciting can't find a 1000 hr. G150 typed pilot currently looking for that job, (just an example guys their maybe a ton of them but you get my point.) and pick the next best thing.

This happens every 10 years or so, when I was first comming up in the mid 90's Comair (for example) was charging $10,000 for training on their F.O. just a couple of years ago they were giving bonus's to guys who finished training. The pilot pool was small. We'll see what happens next. but the one thing I've learned in Aviation is cliche but true "its feast or famine".