Old 02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
FastEasy
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2009

Well I have what some call a great deal of experience in management, and am working to match my experience in the cockpit. From what I saw of that company, rarely did the mistake made by a pilot or counter agent deserve the extremely harsh punishments that were handed out. I was one person that left for not enjoying the job, but you have to keep in mind many people cannot afford to move to Maui and then just jump ship and move back to the mainland. It takes a decent amount of money to make those moves, so many pilots are in a positions where they just have to stick it out for long enough to gather the money to escape the line of rocks in the Pacific known as Hawaii. The other thing that most of the pilots were probably thinking is there are few pilot jobs out there right now, and many of the SIC's are completely out of the flying gig if they do not have a CFI. There are few jobs in the market to begin with and even fewer that want a low time pilot. I dont think it is really a fare comment to say if you dont like your job just quit. Nor is it a practical way of doing things. If everyone that didnt like there job "just quit" than more than 1/2 of this countries work force would be unemployed. At least I assume a number around 1/2.