Old 02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Vikz09
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: M88 B

Being a senior Compass pilot I can see how someone would want the protection of a flow down. I have one topic i would like to discuss. Since i went to Compass before NWA hired and actually was told that the way to NWA was thru Compass i understand my fate. I do have questions about the whole merger.

Does anybody find it ironic that I have been paying ALPA dues to NWA lec/mec 1 for almost two years. Supposidly i am represented by the NWA union but for some reason I have no idea about my future after the merger. Not even consideration. Talk about taxation without representation. I easily could have gone to NWA when they started to hire unfortunatly i had one thing working against me I was in Montreal finishing up my training for Compass (obviously NWA won't consider a Compass pilot for NWA mainline until there 30 months are up)

I can deal with a furlough if I have a seniorty number or new i had a job at Delta but the whole idea of just getting kicked out of my job for not even be represented by my union is absolutly hilarious.

Again I don't mind the whole talk of furlough but some consideration to those of us at Compass who have been paying dues to the Mainline from day 1 While others who were hired at NWA after us still don't pay dues to the union.. Kind of weird????

Everybody says you got to keep your flow thru. Really it was in our contract. Was NWA MEC going to negiotate away my Contract at Compass on my behalf? They probably tried but unfortunatly we have our own contract at Compass which is binding and guarenteed us a flow thru at NWA. If they did not want to guarentee the flow thru they would have had to negotiate it out of our contract. So far I have seen more support from the Delta guys they NWA guys concerning our fate. Just a few observations from the Compass side.

Last edited by Vikz09; 02-17-2009 at 04:29 PM.