Old 02-19-2009, 06:22 PM
GonzoandCamila
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Wink Flow up/Down

I have been at compass for about 20 months or so. As a fairly senior captain who was hired in the first few classes I can tell you that I was not sold on the flow through from the begining. Almost all of us took the job here because it allowed us to based at home and have instant seniority with a good schedule etc. I know many people came from carriers with mature contracts and were let down. I came from an airline with terrible work rules etc. and I thought it was pretty good. I never thought the flow would happen realistically. This being airline number four for me, I knew not to believe anything the people who interviewed me had to say about flow throughs paths to NWA and other rainbow and butterflies ideas. It has been what I thought it would be; a typical regional that is mostly understaffed and is so cheap it squeaks. We are not even getting JeppView on our proposed EFBs! Anyway, there is nothing better out there right now, and almost everything that happens in our industry is beyond our control so all we can do is hope and pray things turn around and we get to flow someday or get an interview somplace else we hope to work. Sound familiar? I agree that mainline carriers everywhere need to take back the flying from the regionals. It should be truboprops regionals and mainline jets IMHO.