View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Mesabah
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by undflyboy06 View Post
I just got a call from one of my buddies that works at XJ. I talked to him about a lot of the rumors circulating in cyberspace about Mesaba. Pertaining to the new Saab routes, he is most definitely sure that there will be no classes for that, since the Saabs are over staffed. I do believe that has already been mentioned a lot in other threads.

He did however bring up the fact that something might be coming in the future. He doesn't know what, but he told me that if XJ was going to furlough they probably would have started by now. He's had that feeling from a lot of captains that he has flown with about something must be up. He also told me that NWA has the ability, or might have the ability on adding 20 to 30 900's in the future. Can anyone agree or disagree with that? Not really sure if NWA is held to the same restriction that DAL is to the 70 seaters.
The seniority list is "flip-flopped" any displacements would be far more expensive than just paying to be over staffed. I think if we were some how able to get 5 more crj 200's we would be set in terms of over-staffing.