Gets EVERY weekend off
flynavyj
Gets EVERY weekend off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2006
  • Position
    SIC
Well, lets look at it like this. There are different types of aviation degrees at various different colleges and universities all across the country. I didn't shop around all to far when i cam to CMSU, but it was basically going to be between them and Saint Louis University. Embry Riddle is the biggest name that'll come to mind, but there are also University of North Dakota, Kansas State, Oklahoma, and numerous others not mentioned. I can't give details on everyone's programs but look them up, and shop around. Here at CMSU we have several aviation degrees, all of the bachelors degrees are "Bachelors of Science in Aviation Technology" your emphasis here would be between:

Professional Pilot
Flight Operations Management
Airport Management
Maintenence Management
Avionics Management

We also have a Masters degree in Aviation Safety, and i believe a minor in aviation technology but i'd have to check on that one. Other universities will have similar studies, something else to consider, if you were planning on going for a bachelors and masters, you don't have to major in aviation to do a masters in aviation. If you went to a college that didnt' have an aviation department, or , you simply wanted to major in something else, then you could gain a bit of an aviation background doing a masters studies program in aviation, etc. Which would guarentee you your fall back career. PM me or IM me if you want to talk about it more.