View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 AM
990Convair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Heavily Involved

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
There is a group who I think will be bidding HKG. There are a lot of 53 -56 year old F/Os and Captains (who haven't been captains long) that are taking a hard look at HKG to get their high five by 60. I talked to two F/Os and one Capt last night in that position who are bidding HKG (all are empty nesters) and if they go it's OK with them, if they get passover pay that's better but the threat of actually going isn't an issue. They'll go explore Asia (use a lot of sick leave) and retire with a good high 5.

I'm just saying it will be filled in the left seat. What worries me now is UPS furloughing, that might make it easier for FedEx to follow suit.
R1200, I will say again...FedEx isn't gonna furlough...not now. They are reaping MILLIONS of $$ each month by illegally flexing our BLG's into the crapper and are scared that will go bye-bye if they furlough. Let's face it, they are gambling as is, hoping that an arbitrator will side with them on 4A2B. It's more of a gamble to think an arbitrator won't side with us in snapping BLG's back if they do furlough.

I think in FEB they saved $28,000,000 roughly? That's a whole lot more than it cost to buy lines up before, 1,000,000/month.

Do not kid yourselves, the current realignment is ABOUT MONEY. Eliminating Passover and filling the debacle that in PC's MGT career is known as HONG KONG.