View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
I'm just saying it will be filled in the left seat. What worries me now is UPS furloughing, that might make it easier for FedEx to follow suit.
I agree that it will be filled in the left seat. I was trying to say that I think the finally tally might be more than the vacancies posted on 09-01. If they get a smaller, manageable number of Capt. bodies on the excesses, I think they may just accept the overmanned situation over there as setting up for the future. I think someone posted a bit ago about the potential for Capt. flying as FO over there, which may be a possibility-although I haven't looked at any potential issues involved with that so I don't know.

UPS' tactic isn't original in either the industry or at that company, we'll see what happens. It has been my opinion that FedEx has been fishing for something similar from us for at least the last 6 mos., but they couldn't get the union to bring it out to us. I think that was the reason for such a long gap between PC's New Year's letter and the beginning of this excess bid process. They didn't get the desired response from the union or the pilot group, so now they will press on with what was true the entire time: they will realign the list, watch what happens and furlough if need be. They just won't do it with any additional concessions above 4.a.2.b, but they've avoided the heavy handed antagonism that UPS is engendering.