Gets Weekends Off
newKnow
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2007
  • Position
    765-A
Quote: After decades of complete lack of fiscal control we are now seeing exponential spending and the anger is starting to boil up as more people wake up to see the theft in progress. It is understandable that more anger is directed at the perpetrators of the largest crimes, but the list is so long that we will need a program to sort them all out. There are not many innocents on the hill.

I agree with everything you say. Anger is a good word to describe the prevailing sentiment around the country. But, I hope that some on this board don't direct their anger solely at their neighbors who are in over their heads.

While a good percentage of the past and future foreclosures are a result of the borrower biting off more than they can chew, a large percentage of forclosures are a result of the borrower taking a substantial paycut or a loss of a job. Two scenerios that most of the people who post on this message board should be sympathetic too.

There are also a lot of investors who are cought up in this housing crisis. If I were to take a straw poll of my pilot friends, I would say close to 50% of them are heavily involved in the housing market, mainly because their pension was lost or frozen.

So, when I see posters on here idolize this guy for naysaying a government plan to throw some money at the housing crisis, but not even mention the billions of dollars that were thrown at the financial sector, I am dismayed.

That guy is an idiot and the main person he thinks dosen't belong in a house next to him is a laborer, specially some overpaid unionized pilot. In fact, he probably thinks that pilots and their unions are at part of the cause of this troubled economy. Yet we are willing to run to Chicago for some tea party because he calls for it?

I think some of us need to figure out what side of the plate we are batting from. If you are upset about government spending, be upset about all government spending, not just the spending that might help your neighbor.

New K Now