View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM
duffrick
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: A320

Originally Posted by xkuzme1 View Post
Go buy a type to get a job and you are just a bad as one of the PFT people that goes to Gulfstream. The same PFT people that everyone on these boards *****es about!

Granted SWA pays a lot more, and is a great job, and there is hardly anyone that will argue that.

If everyone stopped buying their own types, the they would have to hire people that didn't already have one.

PILOTS MUST STOP BUYING JOBS. PFT sucks, and we deserve better.

or

Maybe people who go buy themselves a job at Gulfstream are not all the bad like everyone thinks.

Why is it okay to but a type to get a job at SWA, but not okay to buy a job at Gulfstream?

Sorry I did not mean to hijack the thread. Just seemed like something needed to be said.

X

For the record, (after CFI/II/MEI) I have never bought time other than to just go enjoy the occasonal c-150 heavy!

The way I understand it (I'm a legacy pilot) is that unlike Gulfstream who is trying to offset training cost, SWA doesn't care were you get the type. SWA makes their newhires go through the same length training program as every other B737 operator in the country. The B737 type rating requirement is probably used to show SWA that you are trainable more than anything.

I believe that SWA used the type rating requirements in the past to gauge interest in the airline so as to weed out whiners. Now, it is just simply a requirement. Gulfstream on the other hand is just looking for a warm body to help raise the gear.