View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 02:52 PM
FDXFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: ANC-Based MD-11 FO
Default FDX - Campaign Email from WR

Just read his email and have a few comments. Most of it seems to be just boilerplate about what in theory he believes the qualities the next MEC officers must have. Okay, fine, but I can figure that out myself.

I want to know where he stands on past MEC decisions and actions, and what he intends to do if he is elected. I don't get any sense of what he thinks on specific issues, only that he acknowledges what everyone else already believes. Since he was part of the last administration who failed us, there's no distancing that I want to see in order to be comfortable with him in any officer position. My conclusion is to quote someone else I read here earlier: no incumbents.

For anyone else who might be tempted to send the membership emails encouraging us to tell our reps who to vote for, I offer this one piece of advice: tell us what you intend to do about the issues at hand. Just feeding us traditional BS that uses many words but communicates nothing about yourself is not endearing us (well, me at least) to you.

Last edited by FDXFLYR; 03-10-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: typo