Old 03-13-2009, 06:22 PM
DALFA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: I'm here, i'm there, i'm everywhere...
Talking President Obama nominates new NMB member!

The White House - Press Office - President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts

Linda A. Puchala, Nominee for Member, National Mediation Board
Linda A. Puchala is currently the Sr. Mediator (ADR) and the Associate Director of Alternative Dispute Resolution Services at the National Mediation Board. She joined the National Mediation Board in May 1999, as a Mediator, working on both airline and railroad cases. In her current capacity, Puchala directs the Board's ADR training programs, develops and maintains the training curriculum, and delivers training to interested parties. She also remains active as a mediator in airline and railroad cases, and she conducts facilitation and grievance mediation. Prior to joining the Board, Puchala had over 30 years of experience in Labor Relations, including work as International President of the Association of Flight Attendants, CWA, AFL-CIO, and Staff Director, Michigan State Employees Association, AFSCME, AFL-CIO. Puchala holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Cleary University in Howell, Michigan.

This could be the beginning of of the process to rebuild the careers in the airline industry. Having a fair minded National Mediation Board will ensure the collective bargaining process will be respected once again!

Thank you to all of those that helped push for this nomination including the Association of Flight Attendants (CWA), the AFL-CIO, the 86 members of the House of Representatives and several Senators that wrote President Obama requesting this nomination.