Old 03-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Avg Joe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by bifff15 View Post
AJ,
I think you are missing the obvious. The 200+ management pilots are already "ahead" of everyone else. Getting them onto our seniority list will change nothing except their flying (IAW the contract). No open time pick ups, crew rest, strike breaking / crossing to name a few.
Biff
I absolutely agree one of us is missing the obvious...

Hypothetically... after the current 200 managers become IPA what prevents UPS from hiring 200 more non-IPA managers? (paying them more than an IPA Capt and elevating them to a different class and craft, for example)

I think it is a terrible ASSUMPTION that the JOBS (checking, training, etc...) that the current managers perform will come with the bodies. UPS firmly believes these are management functions.

I understand the "airline within an airline" situation very well and its many adverse effects upon the IPA. It just seems to me that trying to put the proverbial cat back in the bag 20 years later will not be successful. As I have asked before... what PREVENTS UPS from hiring more managers to perform the functions they believe to be rightly that of management?

Joe