View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 03:13 PM
FlyerJosh
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

Just one other thought for you guys... I spent 5 years at Atlantic Coast/Independence. Hired on in 2000 when the getting was good, with low time. I bid for upgrade at the first opportunity I had- then September 11 happened... then, before I could start class for upgrade, the fleet that I had bid into was retired and my upgrade cancelled. Then the industry went to pot, and the company reinvented itself (and failed), and then I was furloughed.

I went from sugar to $hit, and never logged any PIC time at the airlines. Only now, after getting my type rating, working contract, and now flying in the corporate world am I logging turbine PIC time. Moral of my story? Don't bail out on a sure thing unless you really have a reason to. Why leave turbine 121 time (regardless of how low on the food chain you feel) to sit in the right seat of something for an indefinate time? I know people that have gone from flying B1900's or DC3-Ts to flying 737's and A320s... perhaps you could be the first I know to go from Twin Otters to 727s or 717s?