View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 04:49 AM
FDXLAG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO

Originally Posted by MX727 View Post
Interesting thought.

If that were to happen, you'd want to make sure you had bid the high paying seats on -03 ahead of what you expect to hold. That way, if they canceled part of -02 and left a junior guy in one of those seats, you'd have a grievance for POP.

If you are bidding for POP why should your standing bid change any for 9-01, 9-02, or 9-0X. I would think you would have the same bid to protect your POP.

If you are biding what you want to fly I wouldn't think your standing bid would change much either. Other than the guys who started this year at 50% in ANC and may now be 90%.

The way I see this bid ending is with a big stink as all those 75 F/O bid 72 F/O on the way to the back seat. That means almost every current 72 F/O has the opportunity to bid to relieve before they force one guy to the back.

They will get the seniority list in order. Everyone will get one training date. But anyone senior to the HKG low man will have a shot at POP if they want it. My question is: Does a guy on the VTL from 09-02 stay above a more senior guy on 09-03?

For the record let me say, we were idiots for agreeing to the VTL. But since there was nothing in it for wide body capts I can see why we gave it up (ALPA Standard).