View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:01 AM
pilots_wife
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by LeoSV View Post
You work so hard and pay so much for training to get to fly an airliner, and you drink some alcohol before a flight, KNOWING that you will get in lots of trouble if you're caught. I don't understand that. So many of us aspire to be in thier position and these dumba$$es do something stupid like this.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Its not easy to become an airline pilot. You work your a$$ off, pay tons of money for training and ratings, and go through all the scrutiny of your employment tests.

The media makes me so mad! He hasn't been charged, he hasn't been arrested, why is this in the news? If he really was drinking and had too much alcohol in his system, then tell the whole freaking story. The media LOVES to put out stories like these. The public gets so freaked out and scared that they become afraid to fly, and the whole industry gets this bad reputation. If he was drinking, how did he think he'd get away with it? Everyone is watching him, and if close enough, they're gonna smell him, too. How on earth can pilots who have been drinking think no one will notice?