View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:10 AM
Imapilot2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Captain Jack

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
Since most of the flights, 100 percent this summer in the case of BHM are RJ's the pilot should be hoping there is no change in this policy since he will get on the flight last if it is changed as you wish. Again this policy if you think it out is in our best interest from the most junior to most senior pilot. Remember that the junior pilot is going to be here a long time. In 3 years he will be senior to 90 percent of the employees at a owned DCI carrier and have priority on their as well as mainline flights. Since DCI is a big part of our domestic system only someone with a really flawed logic process would want to go to the back of the line on those flights. Everything is a tradeoff. In this case its a great trade for the mainline. I suspec tthe only policy that some here would be happy with is that we go first on their flights and first on our flights.

Not even close at Mesaba and Comair. Maybe in 10 years you would be right. Not even close at 3. I had ten at Mesaba, I left at the 25 percentile, and that was just pilots! It takes ten years at Comair just to hold 200 CA. So that means 10 years doesn't even break 50%!