Thread: The Plan
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:06 AM
dn_wisconsin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: A320 Captain

Slipped:
I don't think anyone is personally attacking you but you apparently haven't understood anything that has been said.

1. AMF has a history of hiring at 135 mins.....hence the word history. Right now you will need twice that to get an interview.
2. Its great you set your mind on something, but like everyone has said things can change you need to adapt to it. For instance, right now you probably won't get on at AMF so if something else comes up take it.
3. What attrition? That's what everyones been trying to tell you, there isn't any. The industry is in real bad shape, where would someone go?
4. No, it wouldn't be that much of a regression. I've spent time as a regional captain, a LCC FO and if AMF came calling tomorrow for a job I would most likely take it. You still don't understand, right now things are so bad that a job is a job....with a few exceptions.

So enjoy what you are doing right now because there is a very small chance of something coming up and if/when something does be very, very greatfull to have it.